Our cheese department is a destination point for cheese lovers in Skagit Valley. We feature a broad selection of farmstead cheeses alongside local and European specialties. Discover a wide range of goat and sheep cheeses, as well as organic and non dairy options. We offer an array of bulk cheeses, as well as shredded and sliced options. From authentic Italian Parmesan Reggiano to local Gouda we’ve got what it takes to satisfy your cheese needs.
And, we’ve got The Cheese Whisperer. “Claire, what kind of cheese should I get today?” is a question frequently asked at the Co-op’s Cheese Island. She is our resident cheese whisperer, and let me tell you: the woman knows cheese. She pairs sweet, pungent, salty, squeaky cheeses with food, beer & wine, weather, and people.
Every other week or so, Claire gives us a glimmer of insight into her world of expertise through her blog, The Cheese Whisperer. Let the cheese devouring begin!
Looking for Local?
Find cheese from Pacific Northwest artisans:
- Appel Farms in Ferndale, WA
- Beechers Cheese in Seattle, WA
- Golden Glen Creamery in Bow, WA
- Mt. Townsend Creamery in Port Townsend, WA
- Organic Valley: a nationwide group of family farms, at least a dozen across Washington State
- Pleasant Valley Dairy in Ferndale, WA
- Samish Bay Cheese in Bow, WA
- Silver Springs Creamery in Lynden, WA
- Tillamook Cheese in Tillamook, OR
- Tumalo Farms in Bend, OR
- Willamette Valley Cheese Company in Salem, OR
- Willapa Hills Farm in Doty, WA
- Washington State University Creamery in Pullman, WA