This was my dessert last night. I saw this recipe and thought “what the heck!” I am so glad that I did. It was satisfying and not too sweet. Just the way I like it. Also I didn’t have dessert tummy after,you know what I mean…the “oh I really shouldn’t have eaten that”feeling. Delish!
Carrot Cake Colada with Whipped Coconut Cream
from Healthy Food for Living
Ingredients (1 serving)
for one Colada (can easily be multiplied):
- 1/2 cup chilled coconut milk beverage (from a carton,not a can),well-shaken
- 1 large ripe banana,peeled,sliced,and frozen
- 1/2 cup finely chopped ripe pineapple
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot (about 1 large carrot)
- ground cinnamon,nutmeg,and ginger to taste
- 3-4 ice cubes
Whipped Coconut Cream:
- 1 can full fat unsweetened coconut milk,well-chilled
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp unrefined granulated sugar
Chill the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator until very cold;preferably overnight.
Open the can and scoop out the solidified layer of coconut cream on top;place in the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl). Whip coconut cream using the whisk attachment (or using an electric hand-held mixer) until soft peaks form. Whip in vanilla extract and sugar. Set aside.
Combine all ingredients for the colada in a blender and blend until well-combined. Serve in a tall glass topped with a bit of the whipped coconut cream.